Sunday, February 6

cancelled date

how do you say "I am on my period, heaving a headache, in a crappy mood and not in the mood for any company."?

That is what I feel exactly when I woke up that I had a hard time figuring out how to cancel a date. Maybe I am feeling guilty since it seems like an excuse to back out but I really started my period today and in a crappy mood.

Hours later, hour nearing still I have no guts to call and cancel. At about 4pm my cell rings and his caller ID appeared. I have but 4 rings to think quickly. Byt the 3rd ring I picked it up.

N:"Hi ..."
N:"Uhmm, I was wondering if we could do a rain check on tonight"
G:"Oh! I was about to call you regarding that."
N:"Really? How come?"
G:"No you first...what's up?"
N:"Would you set another date again with me? It's just that..."
G: I giggled "Depends..."
N:"I am sorry, I was really looking forward to tonight, I just can't get out of this one"
I don't want him to feel obligated to even give me a reason why so
G:"Don't worry about it. I was really about to call to cancel, I am not feeling all too well."
N:"Are you alright? What's wrong?"
G:"Female stuff" and I laughed
N:I heard him giggle "That time huh? My sister goes through that and you can't make her move out of her room."
G:"Yeah, silly huh?"
N:"Not at all, it's part of it."
G:"Part of what?"
N:"Female cycle, I guess."I can sense him being embarrassed"
G:I laughed "Thank you for understanding"
N:"I am really sorry to miss it today but seems like both of us can't make it. My Mom needed to be taken to my sister in San Bernardino and she has to be there by tonight."
G:"Don't feel bad, it's your Mom, you have to set your priority. I would look at you different anyways if I found out later you didn't drive her because of a date. Won't sit right with me."
N:"Oh so I am scoring a point by cancelling..." I heard the change in his tone
G:"Is there a game that you need to score some points?"
N:"Uhmm..."
G:"Breath N...I am just teasin, you better get ready if you are driving to San Bernardino"
N:"Are we able to set another date?"
G:"We can talk about that next time. You should get ready."
N:"We cn settle the date later, may I just know if you will consider setting another date...please?"
G:"I don't have any reason not to, especially since you placed your mother ahead of a date."
N:"I will call you another time, we can talk"
G:"Sure! You drive carefully."
N:"Bye G...you feel better."
G:"Thanks! Talk to you later."
N:"Bye G"

and then .....I was breathing better....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home